|2017 UT System Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
SUMMER RESEARCH ACADEMY (SRA)
Funded by the National Science Foundation
The primary objective of this program is to encourage a transition
to graduate school via undergraduate research experiences.
- Participate in an exciting research experience, working alongside nationally and internationally-recognized professor, conducting supervised research
- Attend seminars on topics such as career development, presenting your research, and preparing for graduate school
- Obtain funding to attend professional conferences to present your research.
- Earn potential opportunities for generous LSAMP BD Fellowships to pursue doctoral degrees
- If traveling to another university, get up to $500 for travel and free on-campus housing for approximately 10 weeks
- Must be an undergraduate with at least 30 semester credit hours
- Must be majoring in a STEM discipline
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (or higher)
- Students graduating in 2017 are not eligible
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Students from groups traditionally underrepresented in STEM are especially encouraged to apply.
LSAMP SRA applications must be submitted online and transcripts must be received by February 15, 2017.
On-line recommendation forms [from recommenders] are due by Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
For More Information visit http://research.utep.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=14344